Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sewing baju kurung

Raya is coming up, and I am in the midst of sewing for Salma her very first baju kurung! I have already completed the kain or skirt, and already completed the sleeves. Now just the baju or top. I am worried about the neck area, because it seems so complicated, and I don't want to mess that up! So far, everything else looks good, to my amazement. The last time I ever sewed anything was in Form 3, when I made a pair of shorts and a shirt. That's it. It was a pajama set that I had to make for Home Economics (Kemahiran Hidup).

I even sewed the hem straight, which is a bonus for me, because I remember struggling with the hem in school.

When I have completed the entire outfit, I'll take a photo and post it here. Maybe with the model wearing it, maybe not. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment