Monday, March 1, 2010

New Working Environment

I am now working for a non-profit organization, and it's really refreshing to work with an organization that really understands my needs to provide for my child's needs. I mean, I've worked with family-friendly organizations before, but never have they been this friendly! The HR manager is a real HR manager, who understands a mother's need to attend to pressing matters regarding my child, so that it doesn't disrupt my work. All the other HR managers I've had before were just shite. (Almost all of them though not all).

For awhile now, I've been distracted by the fact that we just could not find a suitable school or daycare center that is located between my home and my new work place. As a result, I have had to drive an extra 10km each day to send my baby girl to her playschool before making the long drive to my new office. After viewing numerous schools/nurseries, all of them were found wanting. None of them could match up to the standard set by her current school. So as a result, we've decided to move closer to her school instead. Even though the rent is slightly higher, I'm hoping the savings from the reduced toll & petrol will make up for it.

I am looking forward to finally living somewhere that is more convenient for my child. I'm putting her priorities first. I think it's better that she stays happy in her current school than to move her out into some place depressing. I hope she appreciates this sacrifice we're making for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment