Monday, December 22, 2008

One of those days...

It's just one of those days where I wish I can just go home and spend time with my baby... lying on the bed and lazing around. I am sleepy as hell at work! Had a really busy Sunday yesterday, that's why. It was Salma's kenduri cukur jambul. I found out yesterday that she is much much cleverer than we thought. And her feelings and emotions are more advanced than I expected. She actually hated that we were cutting her hair... It wasn't that she was scared, but I think she was saddened by it. Each time one of the aunties reached for the scissors during the cukur jambul, she would make her sad pouting face, and they wouldn't have the heart to snip her hair! I thought that was so smart of her. Most babies just cry throughout, or don't know a thing.
 
When we got home afterwards, her hair was all different lengths, so my husband and I decided to shave it all off so that it will all grow evenly. She cried and cried. I wasn't sure at first if it was because it hurt, or because she hated it. But after we stopped, I knew it was because she hated it. She actually merajuk with us... she wouldn't even look at me. Each time I tried to face her, she would turn her face away. And she's only 2 months & 3 weeks old! She took her milk very reluctantly, and went straight to sleep. It really upset me that she was so upset.
 
So today she wore a hat to school. And I explained to her teachers that she could be a little sensitive about losing her hair, and to keep the hat on at all times. Didn't visit her at lunch today because I have a meeting. But wish I could check up on her right now. Or just be at home playing with her. Sometimes I wish we hadn't shaved off her hair like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment