Friday, May 21, 2010

Temporary fixation

Is it totally weird that I am still looking for a middle name to go with "Sophie" even though I am not planning at all to have a second child yet? But I am totally fixated on it. I can't figure out what name goes well after "Sophie". Because I so do want to name my second kid "Sophie" if it's a girl. I have a pretty strong feeling that it will be a girl.

And I am neither ready or not ready to have a second child. I'm just in a "whatever happens, happens" kinda mode. If I get one, I get one, if I don't, I don't. But I am still hooked on finding a longer name for Sophie. I have thought of just naming her Sophie. Just like for a very long time, I just wanted to name Salma "Salma". But then my husband said it would be better to have a middle name, so I searched and searched until I found Yelena. Her full name is Salma Yelena. Hardly anybody calls her "Yelena" but I'm sure in the future she'll find some use for that name. For all her school documents and all her school property, I label them as "Salma Yelena". A part of me insists she be known by her full name (sort of like "Mary Ann"). Sometimes at home I will call her by her full name, but most of the time, it's just "Salma" or "Poppet".

Actually most of the time it's "Poppet". That's her nickname. Even her nickname has a middle name. Her full nickname is "Poppet Cuk". hehehe

But what goes well with Sophie? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet. One will be Arabic Russian, and the other will be French Arabic. I'm open to suggestions...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment