Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Beginning

Some people may want to know, who or what is Bleach? Bleach is an anime.

And Red Pineapple is Abarai Renji -
To make a long story short, I used to watch Bleach everyday during my confinement months after delivering baby Salma. I was stuck in this one room with my new baby, since new moms aren't allowed to walk much during confinement, and I passed my time by watching all the episodes of Bleach. As a newborn, Salma watched it with me, or so I like to think.

When I was pregnant the first time, during my first trimester, KBSW just started showing on astro. That was a little more than 2 years ago. I had terrible morning sickness that lasted the whole day and couldn't go out much on weekends. On Sunday, I spent my day watching this Korean melodrama, Beautiful Days. But it got too depressing that I stopped when my morning sickness stopped. Haha! This was also the time I first started watching 1 Night 2 Days (1N2D). I think I noticed Kim C more than anyone else in the cast during my first pregnancy. After my morning sickness disappeared, I stopped watching 1N2D regularly, and just tuned in whenever I remembered.

This second pregnancy was no different. I suffered terrible morning sickness that prevented me from working (so I became a housewife). I couldn't eat anything at all and threw up 4 times a day on average. I was miserable and depressed. Earlier on, I had gotten Astro B.yond (HD) for the 2010 World Cup, and because of that we were able to get SBS One, which is a HD channel. I had just watched the 1N2D episode where the guys went to Mt. Jiri, and noticed Seunggi for the first time when he bumped into Wap's grandmother while walking on his course on the Dulle Pass. We tuned into SBS some time later and they had just started showing the first episodes of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, and I recognised Seunggi acting as the lead role in the drama, so I started watching that, too.

So similar to my first pregnancy, a Korean drama helped eased my morning sickness depression. Thankfully MGIAG is not one of those depressing melodramas, so I got really hooked and watched til the very end. That's how I became a Lee Seung Gi (LSG) fan and 1N2D fan. 1N2D is hilarious. I can safely say that those guys (their comedy, heart and sincerity) saw me through the worst parts of my 2nd pregnancy. The show just cheered me up. You laugh and get to see beautiful parts of Korea. (1N2D is a variety travel show).

(I'm not going to post pictures of LSG or the guys from 1N2D. If you are curious, you can just google, and you'll get a ton of info on them. Especially now right after bagging 4 awards after the 2010 KBS Entertainment Awards).

LSG is first and foremost a singer, and Salma loves his songs. She will sing along when I play the cd in the car. She recognizes his face when he comes on tv. It's adorable. No, this blog will not become a LSG appreciation blog, but from time to time, I will probably make references to LSG so this introduction will help explain things a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment