Friday, January 28, 2011

Things that I will miss most about this house...


Everything. I don't think there is a single thing that I will not miss about this house. Even the naughty neighborhood cats that always pee at the porch which I always complain about, I will miss. This is the first house I moved into after getting married that I love completely. The first housing area that I love completely, too. Even though sometimes we complain that we don't know where to eat (bored of the same stuff), but I do still love our usual food places. I really do hope one day we can move back here. The neighborhood is good, the schools are good. The house is good. This is a good house. It's like the house smiled on us the very first day we set eyes on it, and it has been smiling down on us, day in and day out, without fail. A really good house. Even the plumbing issues aren't that big a deal; it's still a good house.

It's a handsome house. From the outside, its black and white facade make it the cutest house on the block. And I mean it. I think our house is so cute. The space can be a bit tight, but it's so roomy. Have you ever felt that before? We managed to make the house feel roomy even though the square footage is smaller than our previous house. I hope to be able to achieve the same feat with our new house (or houses).

I will always remember this house. We don't have that many photos of this house. Most of them are of Salma playing in her wading pool in the front garden. I really should take more photos of this house.

How do you tell a house "I love you, thank you and good-bye"? It's like I should leave a portable radio behind on moving day and have it play MC Mong's "I Love U Oh Thank U" on repeat until the batteries run out. In my younger days, I would have done it, to be poetic and nostalgic. But now that I'm older (I have moved houses countless of times since the age of 2), I think of how the new tenants would think it's scary or silly to come in hearing a song playing in an empty room. They'd think it was creepy right? Plus the lyrics are in Korean, and they wouldn't understand a thing. (Unlike me, who has read the translation).

I will really miss this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment